We take it for granted that we use our Android smartphones to remember appointments. You can not only be remembered at a certain time, but also in certain places. In this article, we explain how this works on Android.
This morning my Android phone reminded me that it’s a friend’s birthday. If I have a little air, I can immediately congratulate you. But if I don’t have it, I’m likely to forget it during the day. It can be more practical to remember a certain place regardless of the time. For example, if you go to a certain restaurant during your lunch hour, or if you want to be reminded of a special ingredient as soon as you enter the supermarket.
Set location-based reminders on Android
Fortunately, Google offers several options for location-based reminders on Android, and we’re going to show them to you! Note that you must, of course, allow access to the standard for all options. If location access is permanently on, this also has a negative impact on battery life.
You must also set the “Home” and “Work” location options in Google Maps. For this you open Google Maps -> tap on your profile picture in the top right corner -> tap on settings -> edit addresses.
Jump directly to:
- Set location-based reminders with the Google app
- Set location-based reminders with Google Assistant
- Set location-based reminders with Google Keep
Set location-based reminders with the Google app
If you use the Google app for the reminder, you can only choose from places (ie home and work) that you have created with Google Maps.
- Open the google app.
- Tap Yours in the top right corner profile pictureto open Settings.
- taps regards.
- Now tap on the bottom right To createbutton.
- give one title one and then choose Location outside.
- choose any At home either to work (Unfortunately, the Google app doesn’t give you any more options) and save the reminder.
Set location-based reminders with Google Assistant
It’s even easier with Google Assistant, though of course you can choose to operate the app by voice or touch screen.
- If you use the Google Assistant for location-based reminder, you can select any other location besides “Home” and “Work”.
- Starts on google assistant by speech with “ok google” and then use the statement “set a reminder“.
- Now, in addition to the time, you can also make one Select location With “Add a location”.
- Choose Now (if set to Google Maps) At home either to work outside.
- Alternatively touch Select location and give the name or address.
- Say what you want to be remembered.
- taps save to computer.
Set location-based reminders with Google Keep
If you use Google Keep, also known as Google Notes, you can also set location-based reminders there. You can choose between your home and your workplace, but you can also choose anywhere else.
- Open the “google notes” app on your Android device.
- Play a note (or press in the bottom right Plus sign for a new one).
- Tap in the top right Memory.
- taps Select location. Enter the name or address and touch save to computer. For this reminder, you need to allow Google Notes to access the location again.
- The note reminder appears below the note text, next to the labels.
Now you know about three different ways to create location-based reminders with these Google apps. I find it super practical – and you? Do you know of other ways to link your reminders to a place? Tell us in the comments.